A Hackathon conducted on the sidelines of ICANN Public meetings- organized by NASSCOM-ERNET, CoE-IoT and implemented by IDEALABS.
There was probably no better time and better country than India to launch a Hackathon that aligns with government’s three flagship initiatives of Make in India, Digital India, and Skill India. There is an all-around push for hardware innovation and startups and the Young Turks seem to have taken up the challenge. Hackathons, due to their community and participatory nature, open up exciting possibilities for co-creation. Having a peer group of tinkerers gives makers an atmosphere of fun, support, and creative confidence.
Hack2Build was 36 hours of Hacking Joy!
Some of the high points of the event include :
- Application from 3 Countries and 11 cities.
- 60% of applicants from startups and working professionals and research institutes.
- Participation from premier institutes like IIT, IIIT, NIT, and AIT.
- Mentoring by best in class mentors from Hyderabad Hackers, Hyderabad Product Leaders, NASSCOM, Intel, Cisco and T-Hub Hyderabad.
- Internationally acclaimed Jury including Mr.Steve Crocker (Chair, ICANN), Mr.Sashi Reddy (VP, Qualcomm) , Prof. Uday Desai (Director IIT Hyderabad), Suzanne Woolf(Principal at Internet Infrastructure Technology and Policy),Ram Mohan (Member of Board of Directors ICANN),Desiree Miloshevic (Board Trustee at the Internet Society).
- High profile Visitors including Aruna Sundararajan (Union IT Secretary), Mr.Jayesh Ranjan (IT secretary, TS), Ms.Neena Pahuja (DG, ERNET) several other board members from ICANN.
Prizes were distributed by Union IT Minister Shri Ravi Shanker Prasad, Mr.Steve Crocker – (Chair, ICANN).
Cash Prize of Rs.1,00,000 to Winning team,
Cash Prize of Rs.75,000 to First Runners-up and
Cash Prize of Rs.50,000 to Second-Runners-up.